Over the last year WIRO has been in discussion with providers of medical reports and with ALSP’s to look at ways the productivity of the dispute process could be improved. The result of these discussions is that WIRO has sent to interested Medical Report providers a copy of a draft agreement under which WIRO will pay the Provider directly on a monthly basis for IME reports delivered to ALSP’s during the previous month.
Key aspects of the agreements
- It is based on current processes and procedures in place between WIRO and ALSP’s.
- ALSP's are able to choose to us any Medical Report Provider or they can continue to contact doctors directly.
- As per current arrangements WIRO requires either a copy of the IME report or electronic access to that report prior to reimbursement.
- Any disputes between WIRO’s grant and the type of report produced by the doctor need to be resolved by the ALSP and the medico-legal report provider prior to WIRO reimbursing the provider.
- WIRO is reimbursing the medico-legal report provider for the cost of the report less GST.
- ALSP's are still liable to pay GST to Medical Report providers for IME reports.
Current approved Medical Report Providers
- Unified Healthcare Group Pty Ltd
- MSBC (Medical Specialists Booking Centre)
- MAG (MedicoLegal Assessments Group)
- Assess Medical Group
- Sinergy Medical Reports
- eReports Pty Ltd
- IMO Pty Ltd
- Prudence Consulting Pty Ltd
Provision of clinical notes, historical medical reports and other medical evidence
WIRO has entered into an agreement with Unified Healthcare Group Pty Ltd (UHG) to pay them directly for clinical notes, historical medical reports and other medical evidence obtained through their medEbridge platform by ALSP’s in accordance with their grant for legal assistance. This agreement will also include the cost of UHG’s service fee.