What is WIRO?
WIRO is an independent statutory office that has the following roles:
- finding solutions for injured workers with complaints about insurers
- managing the provision of legal advice and assistance for injured workers
- conducting the procedural reviews of insurers' work capacity decisions made prior to 1 January 2019.
WIRO reduces red tape and helps find quick and fair solutions for injured workers who have issues or complaints about insurers.
When was WIRO established?
The NSW Government established the WorkCover Independent Review Office (WIRO) in 2012 as part of its reforms of the state’s workers compensation scheme.
2015 legislative reforms
Our name changed to the Workers Compensation Independent Review Office as a result of legislative changes effective on 1 September 2015. We are still known as WIRO.
2018 legislative reforms
These reforms mean:
- WIRO's Solutions Group now deal with complaints and inquiries from all injured workers including police officers, fire fighters, paramedics and coal miners
- WIRO will now fund Approved Lawyers to provide injured workers with advice and assistance for work capacity decisions made on or after 1 January 2019
- WIRO procedural reviews are not available for work capacity decisions made on or after 1 January 2019
- From 1 January 2019 employers who have issues or complaints about an insurer should contact SIRA on 13 10 50.
WIRO reports to the Minister for Customer Service the Hon. Victor Dominello, MP.