The Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO) provides free, fair and independent assistance to employers to resolve workers compensation issues with their insurers.
What is WIRO’s role?
WIRO encourages employers and insurers to find a solution to workers compensation issues.
Who can make a complaint?
An employer or a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) can make a complaint to WIRO. An employer can be an individual, a corporation, a firm, an unincorporated body of persons, a government agency or the Crown.
What can WIRO help employers with?
The issue could be:
- an action that has been taken, or not taken, by the insurer in relation to workers compensation
- the acceptance or denial of an employee’s workers compensation claim
- the determination and calculation of workers compensation premiums
- claims management and claims handling
What will WIRO do?
- Review the facts and circumstances,
- Contact the insurer on your behalf to obtain information,
- Encourage you and the insurer to attempt to find a mutually acceptable solution,
- If necessary, work with icare and SIRA to resolve your issue.
When should you contact WIRO?
You can contact WIRO at any time if you are an employer and you need assistance to find a solution to an issue with your workers compensation insurer
How can you contact WIRO?
If you have any questions call 13 9476 and ask for the WIRO Solutions Group in the first instance or email email@example.com