It is a function of WIRO under s 27 (d) of the Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998 to encourage the establishment by insurers and employers of complaint resolution processes for complaints under the Workers Compensation Acts.
An employer or a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) can make a complaint to WIRO.
The cause of the complaint by the employer might include:
- an action that has been taken, or not taken, by the insurer in relation to workers compensation,
- the acceptance or denial of an employee's workers compensation claim
- the determination and calculation of workers compensation premiums
- claims management and claims handling
What WIRO will do
- review the facts and circumstances
- contact you on behalf of the employer to obtain information
- encourage you and the employer to attempt to find a mutually acceptable solution
- if appropriate, work with icare and SIRA to resolve the issue